Purebred Arabian horses, brilliant live music, fading Karoo light and a MTB night stage ready to go! This is the scene at the start of the annual limited-entry Lormar MTB Tour – a unique three-day mountain bike experience in the heart of the Karoo. The Tour entails riding along 200 year old stone walls, on smooth “sheeptracks” and passing the familiar windpomp scenes along the way. Experience authentic Karoo hospitality with spitbraais, fresh farm bread, condensedmilk coffee, koeksisters & craft beer amidst picturesque sunsets. Lormar is not about crossing the finish line as quick as possible but rather about a riding experience like no other.
So what’s new for 2018:
- 3 Month payment plan should you need assistance in securing your spot.
- Both tours take place on weekends during the school holidays.
- Enhanced tour village – our tour village upgrades consist of multiple beer stations, Karoo chill zones and live music around our “drom” fires just to name a few!
- Riders get to stay at one tour village, Fairview Farm for 2018 ensuring a more relaxed weekend and true Karoo farm experience! Expect activities like horse rides, donkey car rides, a tractor sunset cruise and much more!
- Mini riders will now also receive the exclusively designed tour cycling shirt.
- New routes – We are busy planning and designing completely new routes for 2018. Expect to ride a combination of jeep tracks, district roads to smooth “sheep trail” sections and finish off with our NEW #VeldFinish Oasis rewarded with an ice cold beer and boerewors bites!
- 20 luxury tents available to book should you wish to upgrade from your standard tour tent.
2018 presents two tours, the #FarmTrail 28-30 September and the #SheepTrail 5-7 October! Be sure to secure your spot for the limited 230 riders taking part in each tour.
All Tour info can be found here – https://lormarendurance.co.za/mtb-home/