“Let Nature Give You A Run For Your Money”
Stillwater Sports, the organisers of South Africa’s premier three day stage trail run, the AfricanX Trailrun are excited to welcome ASICS as the presenting sponsor of this much anticipated event.
“The AfricanX Trailrun will celebrate its 8th anniversary in 2016,”says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “Each year our event team aims to exceed the previous year’s achievements. Continuing with this ethos, we are exceptionally proud to welcome ASICS as the presenting sponsor of the AfricanX Trailrun. Their innovative approach to sport is enlightening. With over 60 years of industry experience, ASICS’ extensive product range is guaranteed to cater for the needs of all AfricanX entrants. Together with their support we look forward to hosting the best event yet.”
ASICS South Africa’s marketing manager, Sarah Mundy, describes to the partnership of two premium brands. “ASICS footwear and apparel is created with zero compromise on technical features and exceptional industry leadership. AfricanX has clearly earned the respect of a growing South African trail running community in its delivery of a world class, multi-day running event. The alignment brings about a synergy that allows both brands to shine. In reference to the ASICS philosophy to Mix Up Your Run, we can’t wait to #RunTough alongside Stillwater Sports and the AfricanX team.”
Teams of two (male/female/mixed) will be seen battling it out on a route varying in distance between 22 – 34km each day. The three routes have been planned in such a way that the participants will have the opportunity to tackle a different breath-taking scenic route each day, allowing them to enjoy the full beauty of the Overberg.
- DATE: 11 – 13 March 2016
- FORMAT: Three-day stage race / teams of two (male/female/mixed)
- VENUE: Festival Village on the grounds of the Houw Hoek Inn
- DISTANCE: Between 22km – 34km each day
Entries will open on Monday, 24 August 2015 and are LIMITED to 300 teams. Enter now to secure your spot on the start line.
There are three entry options:
- R3050 per person – this includes breakfast and lunch, but excludes dinner and accommodation
- R3550 per person – this includes breakfast lunch and dinner, but excludes accommodation.
- R4100 per person – this includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and tented accommodation at Houw Hoek.
- Follow us on Face Book: Asics Running South Africa / Stillwater Trail Running
- Follow us on Twitter: @ASICS_ZA / @runtheafricanx
Adding to the excitement, ASICS have signed up as the title sponsor of ASICS TRAIL TV. Viewers can look forward to in-depth interviews with trail running legends, while professionals in the field provide valuable gear and nutrition tips. Episode 7 of ASICS TRAIL TV will premiere on SuperSport 8 at 18:00 on Monday, 24 August 2015.