The Run Your City Series (RYC Series) is challenging its running club members (on Strava) to climb at least 750m over as many runs as they would like from 19 – 25 April 2021. The challenge is aptly named the RYC Series RUN.CLIMB.RUN CHALLENGE.
“The RYC Series’ second challenge for club members is designed to get runners out of their comfort zones,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “The challenge will run from 05:00 on Monday 19 April, until 23:00 on Sunday 25 April 2021. Runners need to clock at least 750m of climbing (or more) during this period and can run as often as they would like to. Run hill repeats in your neighbourhood or go for a scenic mountain adventure. This challenge does not require speed. All runners who successfully complete the challenge will go into the lucky draw and stand a chance to win a pair of PUMA NITRO running shoes to the value of R4000. May the best climber win.”
EVENT DATES: RYC Series Running Club / Challenge #2: RUN.CLIMB.RUN CHALLENGE
Date: Monday, 19 April – Sunday 25 April 2021
Time: between 05:00 – 23:00
Route: Runners can choose their own location and route
HOW TO JOIN THE EVENT:
- Runners must “join” the RYC Series Running Club on Strava via the following link
- If you have not yet done so, you will need to create a Strava Account before you can join the RYC Series Running
- Runners can join the RUN.CLIMB.RUN CHALLENGE onthe RYC Series Running Club homepage on Strava by clicking on the orange “I’m in” button displayed next to the Event listing.
- Record your runs using a smartphone (Android or iPhone device) or smart watch (Garmin, TomTom, SUUNTO, Fitbit, Polar etc.)
- Remember to share your photographs and routes to the RYC Series Running Club page on Strava.
- All activities logged during the event period must be uploaded to Strava no later than 23:00 on Sunday 25 April 2021 to appear on the leader board.
- All runners should protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. Runners are encouraged to stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from their local and national authorities.
WIN WIN WIN:
- All runners and walkers who complete the RUN.CLIMB.RUN CHALLENGE by climbing 750m or more and share their activity to the RYC Series Running Club on Strava within the stipulated time frame stand the chance of winning a pair of PUMA NITRO Running Shoes to the value of R4000.
- The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on Monday 26 April 2021.
More about the PUMA NITRO Range:
Years of research and testing have gone into five new key styles—Deviate, Deviate Elite, Velocity, Liberate, and Eternity—all featuring PUMA’s cutting-edge supercritical foam technology, NITRO. NITRO foam makes the shoes extremely lightweight and responsive, to help runners use less energy and run comfortably so that they can reach their goals. For more information on the PUMA Nitro Range visit https://go.puma.com/7if
Facebook: @PUMASouthAfrica / Joburg10K / Durban10k / Ctown12
Instagram: @pumasouthafrica/ @Joburg10K / @Durban10k / @capetown_12
Hashtag: #RUNPUMA #RunYourCity
For further information on the Run Your City Series email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or visit https://runyourcityseries.com/