Strava, the global online community for athletes, has redesigned its mobile app specifically for Apple Watch. Strava’s intuitive, sport-specific design will seamlessly integrate with Apple Watch’s distinctive technology, delivering effortless connectivity and a more personal, engaging, and real-time training experience for cyclists and runners.
“Apple has shaped the space it operates in by pushing the boundaries of technology and design. Strava has been on a similar journey, connecting a global community of athletes through its innovative products and experience,” said Erik Joule, Strava’s chief marketing and commerce officer. “The redesigned app will extend the breadth of Strava’s product portfolio from web (strava.com) and mobile (iOS and Android apps) to the most anticipated wearable device of our time, Apple Watch.”
Combining Strava’s and Apple’s shared passion for revolutionary technology and beautiful design, Strava for Apple Watch is a leap forward in innovation for online athletic communities.
Among its feature set, Strava for Apple Watch will empower athletes to track time, speed and distance in real time, toggle seamlessly between Ride and Run modes, and automatically sync activities with their Strava profiles.
• Intuitive on-wrist display:Track their performance on Apple Watch in real time while keeping their phones safely tucked away
• Real-time segments:Receive alerts as you approach a starred segment, check elapsed time in the moment, then get instant results at the finish
• Weekly training progress at a glance:Utilising Apple Watch’s innovative Glances feature, Strava’s personalised training dashboard summarises weekly training volume and progress toward goals
• Immediate hands-free results:Completed activities automatically sync with Strava and results are instantly summarised on the Apple Watch display
• Fast transitions between ride and run modes:Multi-sport athletes can easily toggle between modes by using Apple Watch’s Force Touch sensing capabilities
“Strava is committed to enhancing the experience for the athlete before, during and after each of his or her activities,” said Kyle Yugawa, design lead at Strava. “Strava for Apple Watch fulfills a big part of this commitment by delivering an optimum ‘live’ experience that leverages Apple’s beautiful design and Strava’s interface.”
For more information on Strava, please visit www.strava.com.