Red Sands Country Lodge & Kotoko Mountain Biking Club presents “The Winter Grind” – with the success they had with the original “Grind” they decided to host a smaller event with their main focus on offering the whole family a weekend of mountain biking fun.
Red Sands Country Lodge would again play host to the event presenting the riders with some of the best single track in the Kalahari. With a total ascent of 600mt over a 30km course would defiantly test the riders. The race would also be timed on Strava – to qualify for segment prizes or podium prizes you would need to time yourself on Strava.
Athletes would be able to stay at the lodge – they offer a fully inclusive package and would cover all activities as well as meals. Should you only take part in the activities it would be R100 per item.
Saturday 25th April:
- 13:00 Registration
- 15h00 5km Fun Run
- 18h30 Buffet Dinner & Cash Bar
- 20h00 15km Night Ride – Non Competitive
Sunday 26th April:
- 06h30 Buffet Breakfasts
- 07h30 30km MTB Race
- 08h00 15km MTB Race
- 09h00 5km MTB Race
- 12h00 Prize Giving
- 13h00 Buffet Lunch & Cash Bar
- Camping R550 pp/Support R450 pp
- Chalet R900 Single Person/R700 p/p Sharing & R600 Support
- Children (6-12) R250
- FREEK – 084 581 1813
- RICHARD – 072 457 6064
- Red Sands Country Lodge www.redsands.co.za
- Down load the entry form here – The Winter Grind – ENTRY FORM_2015