A proud event partner since 2016, MTO Trails – part of the MTO Group, are excited to showcase their exquisite trails at the 2021 Savanna Origin of Trails MTB Experience on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 November 2021.
A significant player in forestry, manufacturing, agriculture, energy, training and ecotourism the MTO Group offers 35km of plantation roads and 42km of single tracks built and maintained in MTO’s Jonkershoek working plantation.
“We are extremely excited to be part of the Savanna Origin of Trails MTB Experience,” says Douw van der Merwe, MTO Eco-tourism Manager. “Jonkershoek is such a special place! Once you enter the valley you are just taken aback by the beauty and awe of the mountains that surround you, they stand towering over you as you navigate yourself around the best crafted trails in the country. What more could you want than sharing amazing trails with friends and connecting with nature?”
“After the devastating fires (experienced earlier this year), the team did an amazing job repairing and upgrading the trails,” continues van der Merwe. “With support from the local community and our partners we are thankful to be able to share the trails with an even greater outdoor community and culture. MTO is strongly invested in the continuous growth and improvement of our offering, so come and visit us to see the exciting developments in the valley. Best of luck to the participants of the event.”
EVENT INFORMATION: Savanna Origin of Trails MTB Experience
The Savanna Origin of Trails MTB Experience is an individual 2-day MTB Stage Race. The routes highlight the beauty and splendor of Stellenbosch, and mountain bikers can look forward to experiencing a vast network of world-class trails while celebrating the origin of SA mountain biking.
|Date:||Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 November 2021|
|Festival Village:||Stellenbosch High School|
|Format:||Two-Day Stage Race for individual entrants|
|Categories, Distances & Entry Fee:||Full Marathon Age: 18+|
|Entry Fee: R1600.00|
|Distance Day 1: +-45km|
|Distance Day 2: +-40km|
|Half Marathon Age: 18+|
|Entry Fee: R1400.00|
|Distance Day 1: +-27km|
|Distance Day 2: +-22km|
The entry fee includes:
- An official rider jersey for mountain bikers that enter (and pay) the Savanna Origin of Trails MTB Experience by Friday 22 October 2021. The jersey will be delivered to your door compliments of Aramex.
- Finisher Technical Rider Tee
- Finisher Medal
- Race Number
- Trail Access Fees
- Spectacular on route experience
- Access to world class routes that are usually not open to the public
- A light breakfast pack with coffee on both days
- A scrumptious lunch pack on both days
- Complimentary drinks and refreshments
- Well stocked water points (on route and in the race village)
- Entertainment (on route and in the race village)
- An impressive selection of gifts from our sponsors including Beet It Sport, Savanna and THIRSTI.
CHARITY SUPPORT: The Savanna Origin of Trails proudly supports the Stellenbosch Trail Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: The event organisers will at all times adhere to Government Regulations regarding COVID-19.
Like our Facebook page: Stillwater MTB Events
Follow us on Instagram: @stillwater_mtb_events
Follow us on Twitter: @Stillwater_MTB
Hashtags: #savannaoriginoftrailsmtb #mtbpartyoftheyear #savannaoriginoftrails #mtbcomeshome