Time is running out and we are counting down the days to the 3rd Edition of the Ride2Nowhere, 3 Day MTB stage race, based in the beautiful town of McGregor from 12 -14 September 2014!
Entries close the 12th August 2014 and with only 2 weeks left to enter you better hurry to get your name on the list as entries are limited to only 250 riders for this event!
The event aims to retain the integrity and pureness of a classic mountain bike race with an adventurous and exciting route surrounded by breathtaking landscape. September is also flowers season in the Langeberg region so riders can expect a colourful picture all around!
The race adopted its name from the main road of the town – the Road to Nowhere –, which literally leads into the mountains to a dead-end and basically to nowhere. Watch this 2min video to find out more!
This IS the perfect race where Racing Snakes and Weekend Warriors meet to compete for fun!
What can riders expect at this years event?
- 3 Days of MTB Bliss!
- An awesome MTB route – Watch this videoto find out what the “Roete Generaal” says
- Long (60km per day) & Short (40km per day) option!
- Same Start & Finish Daily
- FutureLife Breakfast Zone, lunch and dinner
- Free Daily Bike wash brought to you by Motorex
- Free Cadence Nutrition pre and post ride
- Amazing Pick n Pay Water points on route
- A glass of good Lord’s Wines in the evenings
- NEW Prize Category! Lord’s Wines Legend – wine a weekly bottle of wine for a year!
- Relaxed atmosphere at the race village and between riders
- Local hospitality and entertainment
- Bike Maintenance Packages & Post race Massages
- Bike Transfers offered from Gauteng and KZN
- Limited entries to ensure no congestions on route!
What can Supporters & Families expect at this years event?
- Daily Pilates classes at the race venue
- Town tours on a hop-on-hop-off basis
- Local Produce Market
- Kids MTB short course and informal MTB Skills lesson
- Jumping Castles, Clowns and Face Painting
- Kids Day Care Services (book beforehand)
- Supporter Meal Package (book beforehand)
- Local hospitality and entertainment
With the annual dates set mid September it is the perfect race to dust of the cobwebs after the winter months, or alternatively keep you motivated to keep those legs turning during the colder season.
Come and experience a relaxed, friendly and authentic country vibe with Local Hospitality and Entertainment topped with spectacular mountain biking routes in the McGregor valley that you have not been able to ride before!
See you 12 -14 September 2014, for more information visit www.ride2nowhere.co.za
What the riders have to say about the event?
Rory van Zyl, editor of Crank Cycling News, “I love the R2N for many reasons, but mostly because of the fantastic route, friendly crew and hospitality of McGregor. Its an amazing weekend away with friends and family with some great bike riding thrown in.”
Fourie Kotze, mountain biker extraordinaire, 5 x ABSA Cape Epic finisher & winner of the Ride2Nowhere mixed category in 2013: “The Ride2Nowhere is one of the best stage races in the country and without doubt, the one with the best vibe. Quality organization, yummy food and wine and cleverly balanced routes make this an absolute must-do event”.
Hans de Ridder,avid mountain biker, blogger (of my journey to mountain biking and lifestyle change), example for all our “bigger” (Buffalo) cyclists of what can be done: “The R2N is the perfect race for our normal riders that love mountain biking, socializing, spending time with like-minded individuals and friends. A ‘no pressure’ race where time does not matter and caters for riders of all capabilities. The friendly and festive atmosphere with the involvement of the community makes this event a “won’t miss it race” on my mountain biking calendar.
Marleen Lourens, mountain bike lover and mother of three. Competed in and completed most stage races in the Western Cape: “There are so many stage races to choose from but the R2N manages to distinguish itself. The date of the race is perfect; just in time to help you get fit again after the hibernating winter! For your entry fee you get spoilt with special merchandise, superb routes and scenery, new friendships, on route-conversations and out-of-this-world food (and wine!). I will be returning yearly to enjoy the hospitality of the R2N-crew and McGregor town.”